Daytona (for Matt)

Matt Wrote:
>I haven't ridden a Daytona, only been passed by them on the race track, so
>I understand the horsepower factor. But for those that have, does the
>Daytona have the stump pulling torque of the ST? Because I sure wouldn't
>want to give that up.

I took one for a spin not too long ago and, according to me anyway, it shows
a considerable improvement in power throughout most of the rev range. It
smoother, picks up revs quicker and sounds better, in stock form, than a
stock RS.
After upgrading to a track zorst the difference between a stock Daytona and
my RS diminished considerably (esp. at 4-8K) but the Daytona is way still
quicker at tops.
Question:
a) Is there a good after market air filter upgrade for the RS/ST?
b) What is the difference between the cams of the two bikes and will Daytona
cams fit the RS/ST
c) Are there lumpier cams available in the after-market from e.g. V&H or
some-one

IMHO, by getting a better air-flow filter and if possible and feasible
lumpier cams (obviously a track zorst and custom tune software), we can get
close to the stock Daytona's 130 BHP without too much loss in torque.
(remember the 3K bottom red-line anyway!) So a slight loss below 3-4K won't
bother too much?

PS. I live almost 5K feet above sea level in thin, hot air so filter should
be my fist concern.

Best Regards
Gerrit Herbst
'01 Yellow RS
'96 CRM 250			///- He who dies with the most toys win -///