Re: View from the cockpit

>Sounds like your shooting with an N90S? Just a guess. I can fit the
>prototype using either my F4S, or my N70. And BTW Matt, Nikon has made an
>even wider rectilinear lens for many years, the very expensive, special
>order, 13mm f5.6 Nikkor. A stunning chunk of glass, and no, I don't have
>one. ;-)

I don't even want to know what Nikon must charge for that lense. I'm sure
I'd rather add another motorcycle to my collection.

A chunk of glass is right with these lenses. I was a little bit hesitant
about mounting this lense because it can't be protected with a filter at
all due to the curvature of the front element. So I'm counting on the
windscreen to keep bugs, rocks, and other nasties off the lense. I
certainly won't be trying this on my KLR.

When I'm not shooting digitally, I use a couple of FM2's with MD12
motordrives. I like the rugged manual cameras because they'll take abuse
like being strapped to a speeding motorcycle. I am thinking of picking up
and old FE2 so that I would have auto exposure. That would be handy because
it's pretty hard to meter and change the f-stop at 60mph.

I'll work on the drawings this weekend and post them when I'm done.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - Ferndale, CA
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300