Racetech & Ohlins

       I would like to comment on some recent postings. I have ridden bikes
both before and after they have had both Racetech and Ohlins upgrades. In my
opinion there was a tremendous improvement in every facet of what a
suspension does. The reason I posted my questions on this list was because I
had never ridden a RS with any of the said mods and wanted feedback from
those who had. My experience with the mods have been on friends BMW'S,
Ducati's and a R1. I do not consider myself an expert but I am a seasoned
rider with many years and miles under my belt. The bike will be seeing a
little track time this year, but will mostly be ridden to work and for
backroad scatching on weekends. For those not familiar with Detroit's roads
, they are a pothole laden obstacle course. A better suspension would help
my riding comfort tremendously.
        To the guy who speculated as to the "status" effect. That is the
furthest thing from my mind. I would be more than happy with a Kayaba setup
like on the TT600. My local dealer Paul at Triumph Detroit let me demo a TT
for a day and a half. I put a few hundred miles on the bike and the ride was
beautiful both on the pothole roads and in the corners. If Triumph could
work these or something similar into fitting the RS, I'd have checkbook in
hand. Thanks for your time.

James

2000 RS Yellow