New Member

Greetings all.  I'm a new member to the list, and a new owner of an 2000
Orange RS.  I've taken a few days to review posts and this seems to be a
very active list.  Good to see.  I currently subscribe to the Triumph and
the Triumph Trophy lists, (my other bike is a 97 Trophy 900), and they have
been helpful in providing information on bike mods.

Two questions come to mind that I haven't seen yet.  How did the 955 engine
lose 20hp and how can I get some of it back?  Same engine, same compression
ratio, same tune as the Speed Triple.  I suppose it'll be related to the
cam and the exhaust but haven't seen anything on it yet.  Curious!

Second, is the stock RS seat good for 500 mile days.  The stocker on the
Trophy would kill you around 4 to 5 hours, so I replaced it with a Corbin.
It's now good for 10 hour days.  The longest single run was Limon Colo to
Indianapolis In, 7:00am to 10:45pm, and the last two hours were the only
real uncomfortable ones.  But when you get close to home you don't stop.

If the rain and snow ever stop I'll pick the bike up from the dealer and
ride it home.  Can't stand to trailer a bike, even if I have to wait to
take it.  Hopefully next week will have dry skies and above freezing temps
and I'll get to ride it home.

General information:

Current ride:  Merlot Trophy 900 with 31,000 miles.  Two trips to Colo,
Black Hills, points in between.  4 trips to the Smokies, Deals Gap, Blue
Ridge Parkway, Cherahala Skyway.  Great bike for the long haul, good bike
for the twisties.

New ride:  2000 RS in Diablo Orange.  0 miles. $7100. Good price. Took
waiting for four months before the dealer would get low enough.  I expect
to take the annual spring trip to the Smokies on this.  Usually a five day
trip around Mothers Day weekend.  Great ride and usually good weather.

Other Info:  47 years age'd (God said you gotta grow old, you don't have to
grow up).  Been riding since I bought a 250cc Ducati single at age 15
(Still the most fun I've ever had on a bike).  Intend to ride until I'm dead!

Looking forward to participating, and corresponding with all.

Don Payne
Indianapolis, In, USA
2000 Sprint RS
1997 Trophy 900