Re: Stolen Bike......

Rick, the next time your insurance is due for renewal, I suggest shopping around. You should not have to be going through this. This is how it would work if you had a good insurance company: take bike to dealer, have dealer write up estimate to get bike back to good as new condition, take estimate to insurance company, get check from insurance company, get bike fixed.

The dealer should be able to assure the insurance company that painting selective parts of the fairing will not be an exact match, and thus not return your almost new bike back to its orignal condition.

When I transported my bike cross country, a friction rub created a blemish, about the size of a quarter, on the powdercoat of the frame. The dealer said that spot painting would be close but not be an exact match. Without any hassle, the insurance company issued a four figure check to get it repaired (the bike has to be completely disassembled in order to re-powdercoat the frame, so there's a lot of labor charge).

Daphne

For Valentine's Day shop by Brand, Product, Price, Store and Location!
http://shop.storerunner.com/shop.asp?pdef=home&trsid=3080