RE: [ST] Fuel Sender-Again

IMHO Triumph have really cocked up with this sender unit, they should have,
by now at least either had the supplier fix the problem or sourced another
manufacturer to make a reliable unit.  It's a shame because the RS &ST are
two of the best bikes around for every day usability, who want's a Hayabusa
that can do 200mph on the straight that I could loose on the bends on my old
GSX600F!!

I did have my unit replaced on my one month old RS and it's gone again! Now
the light comes on at 70miles gone from a full tank, come on Triumph you are
really shooting yourself in the foot with this one.

< I still sometimes get the telltale whining noise when I turn the
key but it is less frequent and of shorter duration.>

BTW Vicki the whining noise is the fuel pressure regulator on the pump
inside the tank, it's quite normal for it to whine on start up for about 20
secs or when the fuel is low (BMWs do the same).  They sometimes whine for a
few miles when first going not sure why but they do?

- ---
Rich Crinson

'01 Black RS