[ST] RS vs Daytona

Andy,

  I went from a T595 to an RS for the same reasons you cite. I had tried
three different bar risers to make the T595 more bearable with no luck. It
was such a terrific bike, I hated to let it go but it was killing me during
the 95% of the time that I didn't ride it at 95%. If you do try the TBR
risers - WATCH OUT! All of mine cracked and TBR showed no interest at all. I
sent them jpgs of the cracks and offered to return them at my cost for their
examination and they told me not to bother. They're still selling exactly
the same design and these things are unsafe IMHO. The service was also awful
but that's another story. I'll never spend another cent at TBR.

  Anyway, the RS is like night and day. It is probably the most comfortable
bike I have ever owned (out of about 50). I opted for the RS over the RT
because the T595 had a tendency to cook my inner thighs with hot air exiting
the engine compartment at the gap between the top of the fairing lower and
the frame. One summer afternoon around Lake Elsinore it actually raised a
line of blisters on my left thigh, still have the scar. The RS obviously
doesn't have the problem as there is no lower fairing. It still runs hot
here in Houston but it's no longer a personal problem.

  I also had a problem with my wrists and it absolutely is not a problem
with the RS.

  The performance is obviously off a little but how often do you really need
or use those extra 10hp?

  I'm 6'3" but height wasn't really an issue with either bike.

  I don't think you'd regret the change at all.

        Nick