[ST] Damn Clutch Cable

Sorry all, just got to vent some.....

Just got back from being 'recovered' after the notorious clutch cable
snapped at 2995 miles.  The two most annoying things were:

1) I checked the cable last week before going on any rides, after reading of
breakages, and couldn't see any pending failures, although to have seen this
one (it broke right at the clutch lever - I think the head came off the end
of the cable) would have required complete removal of the cable.

2) I was on my way BACK from the Triumph Home Run to the factury, about 50
miles back....  If only the blasted thing had busted on the way there
instead, I could have got a cable from them!!!!!

I sadly didn't have a spare with me (and that's the last time!), so got
rescued instead.

At least that part of the experience was considerably better than some
people I have heard from on this list before.  Not a scratch on the bike,
and someone who knew something about bikes to boot.  I would not hesitate to
recommend this guy (in particular, or the company in general) to anyone in
need of help within 50 miles or so of Dunstable....

As far as the cable goes, it appears that one of the earlier posts may have
hit it on the head with the analysis of where the problem lies - in the
actual manufacture of the clutch lever / end of cable assembly.  I will take
it apart tomorrow and get some more ideas on it then and see if I can
confirm it, but initial analysis seems to point to the cable being unduly
stressed at that point.

Anyway, that was that.....  Had to get it off my chest....

L8R all,
Graeme