[ST] RE: st-digest V2001 #388

"Andy Cunningham" <andy.cunningham@xxxxxxx> Wrote:

<Snip>
>My biggest concern is will I notice a
>significant improvement in comfort over the Daytona, particularly on my
wrists??

>Thanks

>Andy
<Snip>

Dear Andy,
To answer your question: YES YES YES!

I had the privilege of taking a Y2K Daytona on a 60 mile test run before I
bought my '01 RS in December 2000, and the differences are significant.
I am 5'9" 230 pound competing powerlifter/strengh athlete and the stock RS
suites me perfectly with only minor adjustments (pre-load) on the
suspension. The ride on the Daytona was exiting from a performance point of
view but my arms couldn't reach the bars without me bending my back
significantly and the fact that my big upper body rested on my wrists made
low speed traveling tiring.
You will notice the performance difference no doubt, but the RS is not slow
by any means. As I said in a previous posting, the RS is the bike that I
have used more than any other bike I have  previously owned (exclusively
Honda) I am always looking for excuses to go for a ride and not for excuses
not to ride (winter is just not cold anymore)!
For me, at least, the RS is almost perfect except for the fact that my
"huge" shoulders voids any chance of me ever using the mirrors! but that
goes for most bikes I have tested.
If you liked the Daytona but need a more relaxed riding position you will
love the RS's sporty yet comfortable set-up.
PS. The RS is Great for carrying passengers

Regards
Gerrit Herbst
South Africa   Mid winter and 23 deg. (centigrade that is :-))

'01 Yellow RS