[ST] Re: Sprocket Changes

> have also ordered front sprocket down one teeth.
> Have also a rear hugger.
> How bad was the clearance problem
> how did you manage to get over it?

Hello Ari
Do not be confused by Eric's comment - I think he was talking about the
eccentric adjuster on the ST. On my RS the clearance problem was bad enough
for the hugger not to fit, whatever I did. I had to take it back. However, I
did have an unusual combination of circumstances - an 18t front AND one link
less than stock AND a new (deep-treaded) Avon Azaro II. In fact when I first
fitted the new tyre the chain (an X link DID) was also still fairly new, and
the Avon was almost brushing the inside of the swingarm, which has many
scratches where pieces of grit and gravel have been forced through at speed.
No wonder the hugger wouldn't fit. Lilley's mechanic tells me he has seen
problems before, but only where folk have shortened the chain, which I did
to give myself the full range of adjustment at the rear. He also said the
Azaro is known to have a deep tread. I think if you stay with the standard
chain length and/or stock BT020 tyres you may be OK - but please experiment
and let us all know! If the stock chain works OK for you then I might add a
link again, because I would love to fit that good-looking Triumph hugger.
Barry
00RS