RE: [ST] Schuberth helmet sizing, etc.

> Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:24:42 +0200
> From: "Ludo Andries \(E-mail\)" <ludo.andries@xxxxxxxxx>
> .. and now some disadvantages of the Schuberth helmet
> - - the helmet is not waterproof. Due to the fact that you can 'click' the
> entire visor some millimeter away from the helmet (for  cooling
> and anti-fog
> reasons) the visor (of course in the 'closed' position) is not entirely
> sealing off.
> - - although it's called to be an anti-fog visor, the visor is
> not anti-fog at
> all. In cold weather the visor is wet inside in no time.
> Info: Schuberth makes the BMW system helmets
> The helmet is prepared for intercom installation

Hi Ludo,

Interesting....

I have NO problems with water ingress on my Concept (and I live in a VERY
wet country)... just keep the visor clicked back! I've never needed to
'click forward' on the Concept (though I used it all the time on my old
Profil) - Q: You have opened the vent *inside* the chin guard have you?

I have no problems with misting, as I use the Schuberth mouth guard and a
'Pinlock' anti-fog panel supplied by the UK distributor (whose web site is
not longer supported - I wonder if they're still in business?). Not cheap,
but 100% effective. If you've never seen it before, it's a semi-rigid
self-sealing pane that's loose when the visor is off the hat, but self-seals
against it when the visor is bent around the hat (does that make sense?). I
can't find a URL for the manufacturer, but try:
http://www.just-bikes.co.uk/product_test_article.asp?item=4. IMHO it's
better than FogCity, and is a more technically sound solution for
double-curvature visors.

We had a lot of discussion about the Concept on the list around
December/January - key Schuberth Concept into:
http://www.seaotter.com/searchst.html.

You say that the hat is prepared for intercom installation - but only for
specific types.  I found a lot of 'fitting' was necessary to get my Autocom
to fit.

Dunno if you or anyone else has this problem, but I have the mic boom
inserted between the cheek cushion and the outer black plastic (the bit that
guides the chin bar down onto the latch). For the life of me, I can't find a
glue that'll hold it, having tried: a glue gun (hot multi-purpose glue),
superglue and "UHU" - any ideas?

As a final word, the Concept's flip-down sun shade is the dog's - and it's
legal in countries that don't allow dark visors! Check it out.

Regards,
- --
BRG
email: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx