RE: [ST] Uploaded pics

The same thing happened to me  three years ago Andrew.
The  difference is that my speed was much lower at the time of the accident
and so I was not injured that bad (crushed finger, badly broozed leg and
knee had to be fixed with screws (sorry I do not know the exact terms in
English)).
You were lucky that you wore protective clothing said the doctor who
operated my knee.
While I was in hospital I could see the highway from my room and I
frequently saw bikers and/or their pillions driving by in shorts and
T-shirts and every time I thought what they would like when they should
crash or even fall.
At that time I drove a Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (totally crashed) so the good
thing was that I now could buy my ST (red).
When I talk to bikers who drive without protective clothing I get many times
the answers like 'mind your own business' or 'you were unlucky'.
I can't say it enough: it also can happen to YOU! No matter how hot it is:
wear protective clothing BEFORE an accident, not when it's too late.

PS. Andrew, have fun with your new ST!

Ludo, Belgium
Red 99 ST