[ST] Re: Protective clothing

Chris,

they should draw and quarter cage operators that do dumb ass shit and
injure Bikers. Or better yet, you can personally pay the 50% surcharge
you're suggesting to any of us that get butchered. Good gear only goes so
far in protecting you. When some cell phone yacking bimbo in a 6000lb SUV
plows into you, you really think a helmet and leather is going to stop
blunt trauma? It might only make the difference between a open or closed
casket.

Of course that's just MHO,

At 10:40 AM 7/3/01 -0700, you wrote:
>One other angle I'd like to submit about protective clothing: It is my
>belief that not only should you *always* wear armored leather for your own
>safety, but also for the cage driver that you may collide with.  Sure, the
>cage may have made a mistake, but should he have to pay for it with the
>guilt of massacring your unprotected body? There are a lot of injured bikers
>out there that were perfectly in the right. Personally, I think that
>insurance companies should hold bikers 50% responsible for injuries if they
>are not wearing protection.
>
>There ya go.
>
>Chris

> *   *