[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #393

Hi Don

> I've got a 17-tooth front (also removed a chain link)
> and the stock hugger installed.  No clearance problems

That's interesting. Of course as you go down teeth at the front you get more
slack in the chain, so although you've taken a link out (one 'link' actually
= 2 teeth) then the rear wheel probably hasn't moved much for you. But an
18t is in between isn't it? One link less is, apparently, too much, but
taking none out leaves hardly any adjustment at the rear.

Maybe you've found the answer for me though: a swap to 17! I was worried
about my 18 being too 'buzzy' on fast roads, but a long motorway run
recently set my mind at rest. So maybe 17 wouldn't be as bad as I'd feared.

Barry
00RS