Re: Protective clothing was RE: [ST] Uploaded pics

>From: "J. Westcott" <westcott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Protective clothing was RE: [ST] Uploaded pics

>(You may be interested to know that in Texas I
>cannot mention in a trial that an injured passenger in a vehicle was not
>wearing a seatbelt.  Even though the law requires all drivers and
>passengers
>to wear seatbelts, the failure to wear one cannot be mentioned to the jury
>who will ultimately decide negligence and damages in the case).

Unless you have challenged the design of the car in a products liability
suit, I believe.  If you are asserting that the safety system of the car
somehow failed, the manufacturer can claim that seatbelts are an itegral
part of the safety system, and thus, the seatbelt evidence can be
introduced.