[ST] 3300 miles down, 'bout 3000 left to go

About half way though my trip, so I think I will summarize.

day 1, Dallas to Knoxville, get to Nashville and drive down to the
base of the dam by the hwy. Pull out camera, feels light, no power,
pull out battery charger, no battery, f', battery safely sitting
on desk at home. Get hotel room and learn that AFAIK the county
where I had a long chat with Erik M. had an active tornado warning.
No harm, no foul.

day 2, BRP, no pictures, but I finally got full use of the tires!

day 3, Sky line drive, then to Ottawa. At breakfast got talking to
a couple of gentlemen, one on a new honda-bago, and the other on
a harley-bago.  A They marveled at the fact that I completed the
BRP in a day. Asked if I realized the speed limit was 45. I said
'yup, got down to it once or twice for a few of the better curves
:-)

Anyway, after descriin my trip plans, the gentlemen on the harly
stated that youcould not do it on a harley. I guess that angered
the mechanic gods, as for some reason I wound up having to tighten
the front fairing stay before I got to Ottawa.

day 4, 5, 6: Cottage 1.5 hours N. of Ottawa, weather turns cold,
but hey I should still have some Canadian blood in me.

day 7: New tires and oil (filter). Then ride to Grand Bend ON to
visit Dad @ rented condo. Go through Algonquin park. F' the Canadian
blood thing, froze my ass off!

day 8: nada

day 9: London, Guelph, Toronto: friends

day 10: Purchase Electric vest and head up to Parry Sound. Wind up
riding with a bunch of good people on BMWs, one road with far too
much sand, the second with far too my opp. The later did not slow
us down too much! Vest was very welcome on the way back to Toronto!

Caught up with Marc B. for about an hour. Next year I will be up
for the weekend!

day 11: (today) head off to Tobormory, and then out west.

More when I get to Dallas in a week.

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664