[ST] Vibrations

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 12:28:22AM -0700, Stuart
Mumford wrote:
> Maybe you should have your throttle bodies synched?
I understand that this
> may cause the bike to run smoother, and by the
laundry list of fasteners
> falling off your bike, maybe it's vibrating a bit
more than usual?

Is there special equipment needed to test if the TB's
are synched?  Is
it just a "feel" thing?

My bike vibrates quite a bit.  I had one guy at the
dealer "take a look"
at it, but that meant he just walked out the bike in
the lot, twisted
the throttle once as it idled, and pronounced it okay.

Laters,
Brian

Checking throttle bodies sounds right.  Just before my
6k service, I suffered from increasingly spectacular
backfires on my ST (and from needlessly cruel taunts
from certain smug FJ1200s about Hinckley's maintaining
traditional engineering values to boot).  On
inspection, it turned out that one of the throttle
butterflies had not been closing properly - a matter
of 2 thou, I think.  They fixed it easily, but were
puzzled I hadn't been troubled by the vibration
before.  In my naivety, I had thought that they all
felt like Laverda triples, but after the tweak, the
whole thing was much, much smoother!

Kevin
99ST
London, UK