[ST] new RS member

2000 lucifer orange Sprint RS with centerstand, triumph CF "race Can", heated grips, and two sets of gen-mar bar risers (2 1/4" total), Portland, OR.  One set of risers fits perfectly under the stock fairing, but the second set necessitated cutting a small notch into my fairing, right side only. I had tried rotating the throttle grip  around, so the cable went off under the bars, but that screwed up the cable & the heated grips.  The notch in the fairing is to accomodate the throttle cable as it comes out of the twist grip.
I will always have heated grips.  They make riding in 35-50 degree weather SO much more enjoyable. I peeled off the big "RS" sticker on the left fairing - it comes off easily with a hair-dryer, but the glue leaves a very thin film and is very tenacious.  I have tried: isopropyl alcohol, goo-gone, WD-40, gasoline, goof-off, even a fine polishing compound on a electric buffer.  Any other ideas out there???????
any suggestions appreciated.  Matt Lyon