Re: [ST] Jackets - Again

Eric Mann wrote:

>  OK, I am looking more and more for a good riding jacket.

Aerostitch Darien jacket ($497 -- you get what you pay for, IMHO).
Zip-out fleece liner, 500 denier cordura, 3M Scotchlite reflective,
zippered underarm and back vents, GoreTex lining to make it waterproof,
and removable hard-shell foam pads in the elbows and shoulders. (There
are more features, but these are the ones you seemed primarily
interested in.)

Add $60 for the removable back protector. There are several different
electric liners available, too, but I don't need any of them here in
Northern CA so I don't have any direct experience with them.

I've used mine for three years of daily commuting, weekend back roads,
and the occasional rallye. It's red, which is a fade-prone color, but it
still looks good and hasn't faded noticeably. It's still waterproof in
even the heaviest downpours, and it's comfortable to wear anywhere
between 40 degrees and 100 degrees (as much as any jacket can be in hot
weather).

Aerostitch/Riders Wearhouse has also been a joy to work with. I've
ordered from them at least a dozen times, and never had a bad
experience. The one time I wanted to return something (I ordered the
wrong item) there was zero hassle.

Call them at 800-222-1994 or visit their web site
<http://www.aerostich.com/>.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA