[ST] Jackets - Again

If you're seriously into leather, I think the Triumph stuff is amoung
the best out there.  Personally I think that unless you're a road racer
and the Vanson stuff is given to you, there's lots better deals out
there. I have two Vanson jackets and on one now that the leather is
finally broken in, the zipper is too. I think First Gear has some great
stuff. I have a V-Bomber and my son has a Scout. The difference between
Vanson and Fieldsheer is thickness. BTW someone posted to the list not
too long ago about a friend who went down on a track day and the
stitching came apart on their Fieldsheer leathers.
I just bought a HeinGericke textile jacket and pants (Taureg Rallye LC)
and like them a lot. Two downers are the waterproof liner is also
insulated (It rains when it's hot, too!) and the liner, when removed, is
pretty bulky.  The jacket liner alone takes up most of the tankbag. If
you ride close to home this may not be a problem. Many, Many riders rave
about the Aerostich line, both for comfort and durabilty.
As for a rain suit, from my experience I would get a two piece. One
pieces can be a little difficult to get on, especially in leathers in
the rain. I have  a simple goretex shell I got from REI (bicycling) that
takes up 1/4 the space of the one piece M/C rain suit I have. Sorry,
It's late and I'm rambling.
David
'99ST