Bridgestone 020s and nails

I remember some time back that Barry Croft was complaining about a number
of punctures in his rear 020 and changed to Azaros. I thought at the time
it must be a coincidence but now I'm not so sure. I've just had the third
puncture in my rear 020 in six weeks, all caused by nails. The first was in
a tire I was just about to change after about 6000 miles but the last two
have been in the new tire. So I'm on the third rear in 6700 miles which
makes it an expensive experience. So is there any reason why the 020's are
susceptible to punctures or is it just bad luck
combined with crap UK roads?