RE: [ST] Jackets - Again

Go to www.aerostich.com and check out their jackets.  I would opt for the 2
piece roadcrafter and just buy the jacket at this time.  You can get the
pants later, zip them together, and some track schools will let you ride
with this instead of leathers - the suits are that good!  I noticed you are
in Iowa.  If you ride up to Duluth, MN they will custom fit you in their
shop.  Also, I am not sure if they still offer this, but if you ask, at one
time they gave a discount of something like 10% if you got measured and
orderred while at their shop.  One of my friends up here in Minnesota rides
with a Vanson jacket, but he is planning on replacing it with the Aerostich
when he gets the money.

As for leather and a rain suit vs. cordura, when it is 90 and humid in July,
sort of like this week, and you get caught in a thunderstorm, do you really
want to put another layer over an already steamy jacket?  If you are
comfortable, you'll have better concentration, and you might avoid the
accident in the first place.  That counts for a lot more than the extra 2%
of abrasion protection leather might provide.

Nick "the dirtbag"
'00 Yellow RS