Re: [ST] Aerostitch Jackets..

> If you don't ride in cold weather you can order a Darrien without the
> liner. That'll save you a few bucks up front ( can always order it
> later) The Belstaff products are very nice. The only down side I've
> found with most of the European jackets is a lack of effective
> venting. I have a wonderful Dainese  Goretex/Cordura jacket but much
> above 70 it's too hot. I'd check to make sure that the Belstaff has
> good venting, make sure it has vents on the rear to let the hot air
> out and to keep the jacket from billowing at higher speeds. Another
> nice thing about the Darrien is that it has LOTS of pockets, and lots
> of reflective material. It's not as stylish as some of the other
> jackets out there ( Belstaff, Dainese, IXS, Spidi) but it does what a
> MC jacket should do as well or better than most.
>
> Erik

That is one thing I haven't brought up but annoys me about the jacket I wear
now.  It is just a normal, everyday jacket, not a riding jacket.  The back
billows up and flaps a lot and the back pulls up.  Not very comfortable for
longer stints.   Do the back vents in a riding jacket help deal with that
problem?  That is one reason I have tried to find jackets with a slightly
longer back to help avoild it riding up.

Thanks again for all the input.  I have to admit that I have riden off and
on over the last 11 years, but have never taken my riding gear seriously
(ie: jacket, boots, pants, gloves, etc).  Definitely trying to be a much
more responsible rider than I used to.

Eric Mann
eric91z@xxxxxxxx
'91 Camaro Z28