[ST] Finally picked up my new RS!!

Having sold my Daytona last Thursday, I finally picked up my new RS last
night.  Lucifer orange is a superb colour and from different angles it's
almost chameleon like in it's appearance.

Anyway I just thought I'd share my initial impressions.  As I suspected from
my previous test ride the riding position is pretty much perfect for me and
after riding the bike home for an hour my hands were still alive and well!
Plus the seat is so comfortable compared to the Daytona (which wasn't
uncomfortable by any means).

Having to keep to 3500 rpm is incredibly frustrating, especially as I know
what that wonderful Triumph triple is capable of.  However I've only got
40km to go before I can use up to 5000 rpm, which should be a little more
tolerable.  When starting from cold the first couple of changes into second
gear are bloody hard work, but after about ten minutes on the road the
gearbox seems very smooth, even going in and out of second gear.

Handling wise it seems to drop into corners and change direction much more
easily than the Daytona.  I found I just looked where I wanted to go and the
RS took me there.  In contrast I used to think that the Daytona required a
little more effort to get it to go where I wanted and it was certainly
slower steering.  This may well have something to do with the 190 section
rear tyre on the Daytona being a bit slower to respond than the RSs 180.

I love the instruments on the RS!  Being a Brit living in Sweden I love the
fact that I can change the display from kms to miles (UK) at the touch of a
button.  This will make visits home a lot easier.  Plus the under seat
storage space is cavernous even compared to the Daytona which wasn't bad.

I got £650 worth of Triumph accessories thrown in when I bought the bike, so
I've kitted myself out with the following: grab rail, tank bag, panniers,
belly pan, tank pad, rear hugger, mudguard extension and centre stand.
Unfortunately all the bits hadn't arrived when I picked up the bike, (just
the tank bag and tank pad), but they should arrive before the first service
in two weeks time.

So far the only thing I don't like is the mirrors.  They have a great range
of adjustment and there's no vibration, but all they do is give me a nice
view of my elbows.  In that respect they're no better than the Daytona
mirrors.

So all in all I'm a very happy bunny and can't wait to get the running in
done so I can unleash the mighty triple!

Andy