[ST] RE: RS vs. ST

AFAIK, The engines in the ST and RS are identical - the increased
"sportiness" of the RS comes from it's slightly lower weight (lighter
swing-arm and fairing), lower bars, sharper steering (the rear is jacked
up), (I think) lower gearing and the pipe sits a bit higher...

I test rode an ST and loved it, but chose my RS because of the discount
given on it.

As there any reasons why the ST panniers shouldn't fit an RS -- apart from
the colo(u)r matching ? In any case, Givi lists a fitting kit for RS (anyone
out there tried it?)

Of course, the main advantage of the RS is that you can get one in
drop-dead-gorgeous lucifer orange!

>> I notice a bit in the back of the July Motorcyclist last night, I don't
have it right here to quote figures but the ST excels in every
performance figure they quoted: Horsepower, ET/1/4 mile speed, and 60-80
roll on. IMHO, the conception that an RS is sportier than the ST is an
illusion, nothing more than ad copy. <<

Tim
'01 RS