Re: [ST] RE: RS vs. ST

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:37:41AM +0100, Tim Mitchell wrote:
> As there any reasons why the ST panniers shouldn't fit an RS -- apart from
> the colo(u)r matching ? In any case, Givi lists a fitting kit for RS (anyone
> out there tried it?)

I thought it was because you cannot rotate the pipe down on the RS, like
you can on the ST, due to the dual-sided swingarm?

As far as the debate, I don't think you can go wrong with either bike.
I was very tempted by the RS, but wanted to get the ST for it's lower
pillion pegs.  My wife still says she feels like her knees are up really
high.  I'll have to take her to demo ride an RS, sometime.

Also, I like the analog gauges and more "finished" look of the ST
instrument panel of the ST a little more, but that's just personal
preference (and a little more weight--I understand the digital speedo is
lighter).

Laters,
Brian
'99 ST(black)