[ST] RE: Aerostitch Jackets..

One advantage that Aerostich has over most other textile manufactors, is
their repair service. If (heaven forbid) you ever crash test your suit, you
can send it back to the factory for repair (or if irrepairable, a very good
discount on a new one). Ditto if you have an oops! moment, like the pants
leg coming in contact with a hot exhaust.

Another advantage that stich has over its competition is in the area of
fitment. I dunno if this is applicable to you, but if you have a problem
with off the shelf clothing, you can probably get a stich to fit better than
anything else. Between their stock sizes (38-50 each in short, regular, and
tall) and available alterations, they can accomodate almost every derivation
of the male anatomy.

Hot Weather Gear:
I know what Florida (specifically Miami) is like in the summer. It feels
much hotter than the temperatures would indicate- its not like desert (CA)
heat. I think the best gear on the market for that environment would be the
Motoport Kevlar GP suit. I don't own one, because I've heard rumors about
how it might perform in a high speed, long slide get-off, but then, I don't
have to deal with Miami heat (-:or Sol :-) day in and day out. If I did, its
a compromise I would definitely consider, given the comfort limitations of
alternative gear.

Happy shopping,

Daphne