[ST] Futura

> > '01 Aprilia Futura !!!!!................ Since when ?
>
> Legally, since about 9:30pm last night. :)

Some of you may remember I posted some images of a Red Futura belonging to a
friend of mine a few months back. This was the first Futura registered over here
and one of the first worldwide. The images I posted were taken the day of
delivery whne Dave brought it around for me to fit some of Erics 3M film to his
pride and joy.

Well the tale of woe begins here. One week later a young driver rolled into the
back of the Futura in traffic, knocking Dave over and causing IR£2000 in
cosmetic damage. A few weeks later the bike was stolen and then recovered with
IR£4500 in damage, mostly cosmetic (The tank for these things costs £1750!!)

Given that the new price of a Futura over here is IR£10000 the decision was
taken to sell the damaged machine for salvage and use the proceeds and insurance
payouts to buy a brand new machine.

So basically I was in the right place at the right time and picked up a 1500
mile Futura, needing a clutch lever, brake lever, ignition switch and a respray,
for a song. Cost to repair will be IR£500 plus painting :)

One comparison I can draw right here and now is that Futuras crash better than
STs. Despite being crashed repeatedly on both sides by the inept thieves there
isn't one panel broken, although they are all badly scratched and scuffed.
That's more than I can say for my ST when it was knocked over.

When it's repaired and in daily use I'll post some comparitive impressions.

Martin (Howlin' Dawg) Fay
Ireland,

'01 Aprilia Futura
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'95 Moto Guzzi 1100 sport
'79 Moto Guzzi V50II

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software