[ST] RE: (ST) RE: (ST) Rear brake

> Martin I see that you now have a Futura how about an unbiased
> comparison of the ST and the Futura?

Erik,

I have very little time on the Futura under my belt at this stage. When I've a
few weeks under my belt I'll try to provide some decent feedback.

For the moment I'll say that the Futura is an excellent bike and a worthy
competitor for the ST.

The suspension on the Futura is superior to the ST.
The gearbox is light and precise, so bonus points there.

The quality of the finish on the Futura is poor. The paint is soft and easily
scuffed.
Some panels had spots where the paint was thinner at the edges than in the
centre of the panel.
The headlight switch is reversed for some obscure reason.

I'd say the ST has a slight advantage in terms of the motor and FI but then
again my ST is well an truely run in at this stage and the Futura is still a
little tight.

More when I've completed a few decent trips.

Martin (Howlin' Dawg) Fay
Ireland,

'01 Aprilia Futura
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'95 Moto Guzzi 1100 sport
'79 Moto Guzzi V50II (Sold)

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software