[ST] Rude

     Left Merlin over at Euro Sport in Fort Worth yesterday for her 13,000
mile checkup.
Pluses:
1. They asked me what I wanted done above checking the valves. They were
more than happy if I wanted to change the oil and filter, fork oil, head
bearings, etc. Did not push anything above the valve check. Went through
the list and made their recommendations for what i could or might want to
do myself.
2. Asked if I wanted the new tune. My bike is awesome so I'm staying with
what works and not messing with it.
3. Gave me a loaner bike without having to ask. No charge, ride it whenever
I need to until Merlin's ready next week. Nice owners who seem to acre and
want your business.
     On the floor was a new silver Dayton, nice bike but the only one Tony
had so couldn't ride. Also a new Futura and the same story. He hopes to
have a demo by next week and asked if I wanted to ride when I came back.
Nice folks, seem to care.
     ST vs. Sprint:  While the green Sprint I have is a good bike in no way
is it an ST. Motor is not rev happy or a quick as the ST. Cooling system on
the ST must be much better as when stopped at a light the temp went about
half way up just like the St. But when pulling away you can see the temp
drop on my ST. The Sprint took over  a mile to come down. Brakes, the
winner is the ST. Weight, the winner is the ST. Handling, the winner is the
ST. Handlebars, the winner is the St with or without the GenMar risers.
Comfort, pretty close. Rider temperature, the winner is the Sprint with no
under thigh heat. Guess I got used to it until I rode the Sprint:-)
Mirrors, the winner is the Sprint big time, very stable and great rearward
vision. Fun factor, the winner is the ST big, big time. Grin factor, the
winner is the St and I didn't get near the looks from cages on the Sprint
as the ST:-(
     Jackets, it was 105 degrees when i got to Fort Worth at 4:00 PM
yesterday. It may not offer as much protection as leather or my Moto Port
jacket but my Kushatania full mesh jacket is actually cooler than a T-shirt
in the summer. Great flexibility, armor, and comfortable. Those items will
make you wear it when your tempted not too:-) I love the jacket. If you
check out their web page you'll fine rider comments by your truly. The
jacket gets the coveted RDSA, Rude Dog Stamp of Approval .

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

Have Mercy.