[ST] chameleon light bulbs

So, I put a second yellow 65/55 bulb in my RS the other day.  The first one has been in about 4 months & worked flawlessly, but this new one faded to clear in about 10 miles!!!It still works on both beams, but is no longer yellow. Anybody ever heard of this before?  When changing, it the Triumph mechanic (at an outstanding shop, Cascade Moto Classics, in Tigard, OR)noticed that the receptacle was a little burned, probably because I'd been running a 100/55 clear bulb in there before, (which had just blown its high beam filament, and was why I was switching bulbs anyway.)