Re: [ST] Service times?

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Bell" <abell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 6:09 AM
Subject: RE: [ST] Service times?

Andrew.
Just make sure you keep receipts to show that you purchased oil/filter/etc
on a date consistent with the dates you recorded completing the maintenence
and document your work, and you have yourself covered.  I have always done
my own maintenence and have made successful warranty claims.  This is the
law in the USA.  You cannot be required to take your bike to any specific
dealer/mechanic/manufacturer  to maintain a valid warranty.  You must only
be able to show through documentation(your own is valid) and receipts that
the scheduled maintenence was completed as recommended. And this time I'm
tellin you the truth. Ask your dealer.  /// Jim