Re: [ST] Patch or replace?

pattib@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Are patched tires as good as new ones?  On a car I'd just do it, but
> on a bike?

There's a lot of debate on this. Some tire manufacturers (Michelin) say
its OK to patch their motorcycle tires as long as the hole is closer to
the center of the tire than the sidewall. Others (Avon) say always
replace. ('Fraid I don't remember Dunlop's stance.)

As I said in an earlier post, I'm going to try some new stuff called
Ride-On to repair that rear tire of mine that picked up a screw. It
should be a decent challenge for the stuff, since the screw will have
been in there for several months and rubber has a memory, so the hole
won't want to close up as much as a fresh puncture would. I'll let the
list know how it goes...

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA