[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #415

"It's a rare Mechanic  that gives a damn and looks and checks everything
on the list."

    IMHO the only ones that work on MY bike. Several years ago I took my
K bike in for a service, part of which includes greasing the side and
center stand. When I picked up the bike, I noticed this was not done and
when I brought it to the attention of the owner, pointing out to him
that a) if the stands were not lubed, what else had they forgotten or
worse, blown off, that I was being asked to pay for and b) That as I
risk my life riding my motorcycles, I was by extension putting my life
in the hands of his mechanics. The mechanic was just about fired on the
spot and I was not asked to pay for any labor on the service and, oh
yea, they lubed my stands real quick.
    If you don't have a mechanic you're willing to trust with your life.
I say do the work yourself.
David
'99ST