[ST] RaceTech

In a message dated 7/12/01 9:56:53 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Mark: I had a Racetech trained tech do the work. Cost was .. well
more than I wanted to spend since it took a few trys to get things
the way I wanted them.. If you are going to have the forks out DO THE
EMULATORS . The ST's ( and RS's) damping rod forks really respond
well to the emulators. Springs and oil I feel would get you maybe
half way there.

Erik >>
Another option for those in North America, is to take off your forks and send
them to Race tech, and have a factory job done. This is what rocket
Motorcycles in San Diego did for me. The forks came back with no fuss no
muss, and respledent with RaceTech stickers on the fork tubes. It would
probably help to tell them what you weigh, and what kind of riding you want
them set up for, so they get the damping adjustments right for you. The only
adjustment you can make yourself after they come back is for pre-load. The
damping, via the emulator, is all internally adjusted at the initial
installation. Dave Collins, San Diego

End of st-digest V2001 #418