Re: [ST] Patch or replace? (here we go)

Well you may have just opened a big can of mailing
list worms with this question.

I too caught a hefty nail in my 200 mile rear
bridgstone (I replaced mine too).  I heard a lot of
things from different sources.  The manufacturer of
course is very clear on their position:  "Plugs are
not a safe permanent fix".  (they want no part of
liability for endorsing that if it should fail).

On the other hand I have driven for hundreds of
thousands of miles on plugged tires on various cars &
trucks and have never had one fail catastrophically
(very slow leaks yes).  Nor have I ever heard of a
catastrophic failure of a plug.

My personal feeling is that the level of dependance on
our tires while motor cycling demands 100% confidence
in that very small patch of rubber that holds us
upright.

So I will probably always replace my Motorcycle tires
if punctured.

Steve Bergman

00 Sprint ST

- --- pattib@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ......Are patched tires as good as new ones?  On a
car I'd