Re: [ST] Rear brake

Ahhh! The rear brake controversy rages on and on. When you apply the front
dual caliper brakes with one finger and the rear single caliper brakes with
your foot through a boot, exactly how much braking force are you using on
each end and are you coasting or throttling down (compression braking)?
Under what conditions do your techniques work best? Dry sweeping turns, wet
corners, corners with gravel, bumps. Are you riding in traffic or out in the
country on deserted roads? Doing pivot turns in the dirt doesn't translate
into very many street riding situations. Blasting around corners isn't a
good idea in residential neighborhoods. Public roads and racetracks are
different. Why don't you all stop with the silly arguments and realize that
you can use the rear brake when you deem it appropriate. My rear goes in 5K
miles with the stock pads. Yes, I can lock it up, but that is seldomly
desirable. I have noticed that taller bikes "feel" like the rear brake works
better. It may just be a subjective sensation.
    Isn't a mullet a fish?
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------