Re: [ST] Ramp suggestions wanted

Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> The biggest thing that I do, which some consider bad, is I ride
> the bike up the ramp.  I just carry along 2 2x8's for my feet for
> balance.

For how often I foresee trucking my bike (never given a choice) I've
decided to forget about a trailer, no matter how inexpensive, and go for
a ramp.

Someday off in the future SWMBO and I will be wanting a 2-rail trailer.
She is not a long distance rider (yet) but would enjoy joining some
rides once we get her and her bike to the destination.  This will likely
wait until the children are grown to the point where we leave them
behind, another 4-5 years.  So it doesn't make sense for me to buy a
cheaper trailer and I can't justify (or afford) a quality 2-rail trailer
at this time.

The decision in favor of a ramp is clear.

> So far the only time I've had an incident was when I was
> trying to strap down the 9r last year. Unfortunately Bill took the
> brunt of that one. Unfortunately I was rushing, and not used to
> someone helping me. But the help was appreciated.

We were able to prove conclusively that a human forearm is effective
padding between a motorcycle fairing and the sides of a pickup.  ;-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"