[ST] Go-Show & Rear brake

Hey Cam-I just read the 8-01 MC article you referenced, twice, and can
find no information regarding the use of "70% rear braking"  Perhaps you
could use a re-read.  If you're referring to the bit about entering Turn
3, "crazy late breaking," I believe they are referring to using the rear
brake to balance the bike under hard (front) breaking, not to slow the
bike, which if I understand your point correctly, is what you're
advocating.  SOME rear braking as opposed to NO rear braking to keep the
back end in back allowing for a quicker arrival at the turn in point
(the slowest part of the turn) and hence quicker to roll the throttle
back on.
    Granted Anthony Gobert is going to ride faster than every one of us
(if it was easy everyone would do it) but the most pertinent information
in this article is that while Tony put many seconds a lap on editor
Boehm, their speeds AT THE TURN IN POINT were very similar, although
Tony was back on the throttle much sooner. (Where he gained a lot of his
time over Mitch)
    IMHO the fastest way around a track and the safest way around the
street is still slow in, late turn in, fast out.

David
'99ST