RE: [ST] Zaino Bros'

> I've just had a look at their website and it appears that you have to buy
> about half a dozen different products and spend several days applying them
> all to get the "Zaino Bros" look.  Can it really be worth the effort over
> buying a single decent polish from Turtle Wax or something??
>
> Andy

Andy,

I first asked the list for help when I used a fleece towel to buff some
turtle wax off.  This left me with a bunch of very fine scratches
everywhere.  Maybe it was not %100 fleece...or maybe fleece is best not
used.  I am definitely not an authority. LOL.  I bought the Zaino Bros'
system (I think Eric Mann and a few others recommended them)...including the
Z-5(scratch remover), and Z-18 [(wax stripper)I had a ton of wax on the
bike].  I don't know if I will ever have the ambition to do my car, but the
bike didn't take long at all.  I stretched it over 2 days.  It took about 3
coats of Z-5 to get rid off all the scratches.  I should have taken some
"before" pictures...I'll post some "after" photos when I get home in a few
days.  The difference was excellent.  The only draw back is the initial
outlay of cash.  It is a little pricey when you order all the products at
once, but cheap when you think of protecting that sharp paint job for
resell.  My only concern now is the few rock chips I have on the fairing
under the rad.  I put on some of Eric's 3M paint protector...and that seems
to work quite well so far (I wish I put some on before I did some mountain
passes in British Columbia).  I am quite sure you won't be disappointed by
Zaino.

Cheers,
mitch
00' ST Sparklin' Blue