[ST] flip face helmets

Hi Mike & Everyone:
	I have been riding with flip face helmets for over fifteen years. I have owned the BMW "System" I and II helmets and Shoei "Duo Tech', and Schuberth "Concept" helmets and have found them safe and secure.
	It is my opinion that Nolan helmets are not manufactured to the same quality standards/materials as the above mentioned helmets. The Nolan product is DOT approved, but in comparison to the others I don't think it measures up. Not a lot of room in the chin area, and the chin bar feels flimsy. (Please remember that this just MY OPINION. You may feel otherwise.)
	FWIW, I was in a high speed (75 mph) highway accident almost three years ago. A small truck lost its muffler and flew across the highway, hitting my front wheel. I went down and slid at least 1/4 mile. I flipped, rolled, skidded, tumbled the entire distance. My Shoei DuoTech did its job and protected my head and face. It opened up ONLY when the EMT's wanted to remove it. No problems, or jammed mechanisms, etc. I had three ribs broken in five places, a broken left wrist, plenty of torn muscles and some nerve damage. My riding gear was in shambles (synthetics no leather). I got up and walked away (in pain) to ride another day. The bike was a dead loss. ('89 Moto Guzzi 1000SP II)
	The helmet I wore was not cheap. It helped save my life and worked exactly "as advertised". Don't skimp when it comes to buying helmets/safety gear. You get what you pay for and it is my belief you don't get "it" (quality),  if you don't pay for it!
Be smart, safe, and lucky,

Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Blue ST
Philadelphia