Re: [ST] safety wiring<Eric G>

>Just because it's a motorcycle, shouldn't mean I have
>to have less expectations on quality of fit and finish (not to mention plain
>old safety) than a passenger car or truck.
>Regards,
>Eric G

Guess you never spent any time under the hood of a vehicle then. You are
MUCH less likely to notice a loose nut or bolt in a car. Mostly because of
operator isolation, but they are there I promise you. On a motorcycle the
need to check  for loose fasteners is much more important, there are fewer
doing much more work.

Verifying fasteners also gets you more intimate with the workings of your
bike. You may find maintenance items that would have been over looked.
Point in case, when I was checking engine to frame fasteners, I found the
upper radiator hose rubbing on one of the left upper mounts. A quick fix at
home in the garage with some spare hose, but 300 miles from home, I don't
think McAutoStore stocks the part!

In the end it is your ass on the line, and many people get by on little
more maintenance than oil and tires (tyres), and fix if or when broke.

Personally, I'd rather spend a hour or two a month and make sure the bike
is in order.

Just another .02 centavos

Andrew Bell, Test Technician
Mixed Signals/ULTECH