[ST] New Schuberth Owner Report (beating a dead horse Part XXVII...)

Well, after trying them on and having one for a few days, they're a little
smaller and probably more for Shoei shaped heads than Arai shaped heads.  In
the Arai RX7-RR3, I wear a Medium, and in my old Shoei and in the newer ones
I've tried, I wear an XL.  I figured I'd be a large in the Schuberth after
being told they run small, but it turned out I needed an XL, which I believe
is due to the more oval head shape than in an Arai.  However, the Schuberth XL
is comfortable on my head, I love being able to put it on with my glasses on,
the slightly larger and more open face design makes open-mouth breathing and
talking more comfortable, and the flip down sun visor is simply awesome.  It's
a little noiser than the Arai at low speed but not perceptibly so at high
speed.

As far as safety goes, it seems clear that it would be difficult or impossible
to build a flip-face helmet which is as structurally strong as a single piece
design.  On the flip side however, I wouldn't assume that a high quality
flip-face like the Schuberth, Shoei, or BMW System VI unit isn't plenty strong
to take the necessary level of impact without coming apart...

 -- Jim