From: James Wright [mailto:jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 12:57 PM
To: Sprint ST List
Subject: [ST] Re: GPS Question

I got a new StreetPilot III a week ago with turn-by-turn nav and voice,
etc.,
and this compares favorably to the Magellan systems you find in some Hertz
rentals.  I got it for $775 from AffordableGPS.com in KY, and worth it by a
mile.

It's a little more difficult to enter an address to route to than with the
Hertz unit, and a little slower to compute routing, but it's very small and
easily portable from vehicle to vehicle.  I haven't tried using it on the
bike
yet, and it might be a little big for that purpose, although if I remember
correctly there was a lister who'd tried one of the original StreetPilot
models in this mode.  I give it two thumbs way up - a _very_ useful device
if
you don't know where you're going.  :-)  In fact, I went to Vegas with it
this
weekend, and found that traveling with it, I learned my way around the town
lot faster.  (After a few trips along the best routes to some destinations,
you can learn at least some of the best ways to navigate a city...)

 -- Jim

*