[ST] Update on bike

Well, nothing to serious, yet.  The other couple insurance contacted me back
today after I submitted the claim with their insurance company yesterday.
Just wanted a little more information on the incident.  I did say that I
would accept nothing less than as-new on the bike since it is only 5 weeks
old.  And if it got repainted and didn't match that I would "demand" and new
part.

Then turned and called the dealership to 1) let them know the insurance
company might be calling in regards to the bike, and 2) get and update on
the bike.  They have actually looked at it.  First, the Triumph sticker for
the pannier is there and on the bike.  They "got" the wrong mirror and
reordered the correct one.  The leak is from the lower fitting on the right
side of the tank.  They ordered both fittings and are going to replace both
of them.  The leak running down the alternator cable was actually gas, so
they say.  They said at the other end of the cable is a bunch of tape.
Well, the gas was eating the glue on the tape and it was running down with
the gas which gave it the consistancy of oil.  Should I be worried about
this wire being damaged at all by the gas?

Well, they hope the new mirror and the fitting will be there by the end of
the week so I can still plan to pick it up on Saturday.  So, I will be
calling them on friday with the hopes and plans of picking it up on Saturday
(but hopes not to high).

Eric Mann
eric91z@xxxxxxxx
'91 Camaro Z28