[ST] hello

i've been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to
come out of the closet. i have been riding for 33
years and have owned more bikes over the years than i
care to remember. i currently own a 79 kawasaki kz1300
(that i bought new), a 1999 speed triple (that makes
me misbehave), and took delivery of a new (red!) 2001
ST last week.

the ST will finally allow my wife and i to realize the
dream of finally doing some distance riding. i commute
daily on the S3 (mostly), and we love to ride
weekends, but some solid distance riding is in our
near future.

we put the break-in miles on the ST last weekend with
a trip from memphis (our home town) to nashville and
back, clocking just over 500 miles. the weather was
fine with mild temps (upper 80's) and clear blue skys.
it was the classic perfect ride!

the ST performed flawlessly and exceeded my every
expectation. the power delivery is linear with no
surging or hesitation. there is no vibration or
buzzing at any speed. the mirrors are useful and
vibration free. and the brakes as awesome (better, if
possible) than the S3. the ST is a competent sport
touring package that will not disappoint. if anyone
within the sound of my voice is considering a ST
purchase, do it, you will not be disappointed!

my wife and i will be joining the "dawgs" for the east
cost rallye next month in ashville. if you will be
passing through or near memphis on your way to the
rallye you are welcome to stay with us overnight on
the tuesday before the rally and travel with us when
we leave wednesday morning. email me off list...

you guys and gals sound like a fun loving bunch and we
are looking forward to meeting (and riding) with ya'll
next month.

ride safe,

dennis "earth dawg" & kevlyn "sky dawg" dodd