[ST] Oil Substitutes

That's a possibilty-I don't buy oil there, but I noticed they definitely
had M/C oil and they definitely had 15w/50, perhaps the 15w/50 was car
oil. After reading the IBMWR stuff I might have just filed this in the
back of my head as and emergency fix.
Here's another brain storm I had tonight while contemplating the IBMWR
info: Back when I had hair, I asked my barber which grocery store
shampoo he thought was the best. He told me they all had things that
were good for your hair and they all had things that were bad for it.
The secret, he said, is to not use one brand for long, that by rotating
with every bottle you got bunches of good stuff and not to much bad.
Could the same be applied to oil for our bikes.  While all the brand
have different formulas of the same, or similar, stuff, might the best
bet be to change brands at every change, rather than search for the one
perfect brand?  While I'm really leery of running car oil in my bike, I
know a fellow who's run nothing but auto Mobil 1 for twenty years
whithout problems in a multitude of bikes.

David
'99ST