Re: [ST] Helmet sizing

> Now, my question is this: since I really like a couple of the features on
> my
> Shoei (no-brainer shield replacement, visor lock to hold the visor slightly
> open, finish, padding), is there one of the other Shoei models with a
> removable liner (since the RF-900 does not have a removable liner, I don't
> think) with different thickness pads to make it fit?  And of those other
> model Shoeis, are any of them the same type shell design as the RF-900 - in
> other words that fit the LO (or Signet/GT) head shape that I have?  Or, do
> start over and learn how to use the Arai features and buy an off the shelf
> XL that seems to fit just about right?

Eric,

I just happen to have a Shoei brochure here and according to it, the only
models tht have the removable liner are the X-SP II, the X-TEC, and the
Z-II. I believe you can get different size pads to customize the fit (though
they don't specifically say that).  I'm not sure about the fit, but i think
the X-SP uses a different mold than the others, so I don't know if it would
fit like an RF-900, though the others might. Best bet is always to try one
on (but then, you already knew that). HTH

- --
Terry "Grizzly Dawg" Lewis
Alexandria, VA
'00 Eclipse Blue RS