From: Jack Hays [mailto:rude@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 1:31 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Checking oil

     All this traffic on how to check the oil, different readings on and
off the center stand, leaning the bike, etc. make me wonder.
     What is the safest and most practical way to check the oil level? Not
holding the bike upright with one hand while you bend over and look at the
glass or using two people. the center stand. the bike is safe and you can
add oil without fear of a drop etc.
     So why don't the manufactures put the dang sight glass where the oil
could be checked that way?

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

Have Mercy.

*