[ST] OC Triumph vs. So Cal Triumph

Rode to OC Triumph, got there about 1.30 pm.
Rode around back to shop entrance. Shop monkey ignored me, I was invisible
to him. Not even "Hello". All I rated was a sneer.
Walked in to front counter "Hi, I need my 6k service". I was then told that
the soonest they could get me in was the 8th  of August.
 Bear in mind, it's July 21st.
I said let me make a phone call. Called So Cal Triumph on my cell, just up
the freeway and closer to my house.
"Can you have it here by 3? It's a minor service, we'll have it back for you
at 4.30". So I walked around back to my scoot and rode to SoCal, dropped her
off, went to Brea Mall for lunch with Mama and the kids, came back at 4.30,
bike's cleaned, service is done, and I have new rear brakes.  My old ones
were shot at 6k. And who's this in the shop? It's Eric, the wrench that used
to work at OC Triumph. I feel confident leaving my bike with this guy, he' s
sharp, and SoCal is now my dealer of choice. Nice folks, no attitudes, clean
shop. And they had 2 2002 Daytonas. They also had an old VTR 500 (the Barbie
bike, the gent inside called it), that was Barbie blue, white, and pink. He
was nice enough to show it off to us, and my 4 yr. old daughter got a big
kick out of that.
Above and beyond the call of duty, I reckon.

CA Stu A13
Riverside CA

End of st-digest V2001 #440